January 23, 2011

The Movie Ideas: No Strings Attached & The King's Speech

Yesterday, my friend Mary, Max, and I went to see No Strings Attached in theaters. It stars Ashton Kutcher and Natalie Portman as two bests friends who use each other for sex. The question is: can two friends be sex friends? Although this movie was rated 49% by rotten tomatoes, I thought it was a very witty and funny feel-good movie. I would suggest this movie if you need a pick-me-up.


Afterwards, Max and I stayed for the King's Speech. One word: brilliant. I couldn't imagine a better cast and Colin Firth's acting was superb (he won best actor in the Golden Globes). Geoffrey Rush, the actor who plays the king's speech therapist, was also remarkable (I believed he should win best supporting actor). For those of you who are unfamiliar, this movie chronicles the life of King George VI and his stutter. He decides to hire a therapist who eventually becomes his best friend. This movie was beautifully written, touching, and awe-inspiring. And the soundtrack, composed by Alexandre Desplat, was marvelous. I can only say good things about this movie - definitely one of the best movies of the year. I highly recommend that you see it; it's worth every penny. (P.S. Max agrees).

No comments:

Post a Comment