January 7, 2011

The Food Idea: Bella Vita Italian Grille & Pizzeria


A few of my girlfriends and I decided to go out to lunch today. We decided to go to Bella Vita, a new restaurant on the west side of Madison, WI. In a building that previously housed the Tilted Kilt, this new restaurant has surely undergone a serious renovation. The interior has a warm, cozy, and family-friendly feel.

The lunch menu had a variety of appetizers, salads, wraps, sandwiches, and pastas. I ordered the Smoked Salmon and Cream Sauce pasta, a spinach fettucini topped with smoked salmon and capers, which I thought was a good deal priced at $11.99. Although the restaurant wasn't too full, the food took much longer than anticipated. (It was good thing we had things to talk about.) When our food arrived, the wraps my friends ordered looked much tastier than my salmon, which was undercooked and practically raw in the center.

On the way out, one of my friends pointed out that there were many pictures on the walls and commented, "I wonder if they are real people?" I thought it was hilarious at the time, but she merely wondered if they had names behind their faces.

I will probably go to the restaurant again in the not-so-near future, but most likely order a wrap (they come with sweet potato tots, yum!). I've also heard that their pizzas were to die for...

No comments:

Post a Comment